The 50-Mile Challenge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I hope that any HPEC members who are having a go at the 50-mile Challenge which celebrates our 50th anniversary will submit posts here to share how they are getting on with accumulating their miles. Photos to help illustrate their progress would be most welcome. I really hop that before the year closes I will finally have got Cameron and myself organised and can personally take part.

Wendy Bridges
    Participant

Started my challenge today after being up at 4am foaling so did just over 7 miles on the roads now back home for a nap !

Laura Jane Macholc
    Participant

Finally it has stopped raining/blowing a gale & no lambing ewes demanding attention so Ed & I began our 50 miles challenge with Ladarna & Myrtle. 5 weeks ago Myrtle was very poorly in an equine veterinary hospital, she had idiopathic peritonitis. They pulled her through 🙂 This was her first outing since she came home & at the moment we can only hike as most of her torso has been surgically clipped so her lungs & abdomen could be scanned. She is rugged for the first time in her life, she is 18yo in a couple of months. Ed & Darna hiked too as dark clouds were threatening so it sped thing up not to have to tack Darna up. We achieved a total of 1.3 miles. Myrtle loved being out again, she is anosy mare, her head was on aswivel & she did an on the spot spook at a straw bale in a gateway that was not there 5 weeks ago. Darna was puzzled by hiking but not complaining.

Laura Jane Macholc
    Participant

Patchwork Myrtle, photo file too big, hey ho … camera too good!

Laura Jane Macholc
    Participant

Another try to defeat the file upload limit & try to show you patchwork Myrtle Cunning plan failed

Wendy Bridges
    Participant

completed ! would have been more enjoyable in dry weather though.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jane Livingstone
    Participant

Started my challenge on March 28th and finished today, yippee.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.